Re: [linrad] RE: Anyone success in ALSA driver for Delta 44?

Hello Leif,

Thanks for the quick response.

At 11:28 03/02/22 +0100, you wrote:
>There are some mixer programs, they do not allow a change of the
>sampling speed but they show what speed the Delta44 is running at.
>Are those programs showing 48000 or 96000?

A program used (amixer, old fashion but good simple text mode) showed
96000 as below. The value was default of 48000 before I've made a change.

# amixer -c 1 cset numid=42 12

numid=42,iface=MIXER,name='Multi Track Internal Clock'
  ; type=ENUMERATED,access=rw---,values=1,items=14
  ; Item #0 '8000'
  ; Item #1 '9600'
  ; Item #2 '11025'
  ; Item #3 '12000'
  ; Item #4 '16000'
  ; Item #5 '22050'
  ; Item #6 '24000'
  ; Item #7 '32000'
  ; Item #8 '44100'
  ; Item #9 '48000'
  ; Item #10 '64000'
  ; Item #11 '88200'
  ; Item #12 '96000'
  ; Item #13 'IEC958 Input'
  : values=12 <=== here the result, set to Item #12 96000

Note the last line of ": values=12" which indicates internal clock was changed
to 96000. It WAS 48000 before I have made a change.
This change was confirmed by another mixer program called alsamixer.
I assume the term of "internal clock" is the speed we want.

>One under X and the other was probably aumix. I think the X program
>allowed a change to 96000 but when checked with another program
>the speed was still 48000.

OK, I got aumix here now and tried it but it looks there is no speed change
option.
Please try 'amixer' which has many options (too many):-(
Maybe you are talking another mixer...

>> So, should I wait for the release?
>No, go on with the current version. When you have the Delta44 running
>at 96kHz you will find that Linrad causes a lot of overrun errors
>so the system becomes useless.

??? Do you mean above is the case OSS/not free or ALSA?

>Once you report this I will upload
>00-54 immediately. If it takes some time I will wait. John, NI1B,
>has a problem with all versions after 00-48, his system crashes
>when he clicks on a signal on later versions. I would like to
>have this corrected in 00-54 but there is not really any problem
>to make an extra version if you need it.

I don't have any problem with OSS driver 00-53a.

>> PS: again "Reply-To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is wrong!

>I hope it is soon corrected.

No problem, it should be alright soon.

Kohjin - JR1EDE