RE:Almost there but not quite

Hi Ron,

> I have Mandrake 9.1 installed and downloaded linrad 01.01   Ran
> "config" which appeared to go smoothly and then ran "make".  Recvd
> the message "linrad.map permission denied"  No linrad executable was
> created.

I have no idea why there is a problem with generating a map file.
Maybe some security issue of some kind in which case running as
root should solve it. The file is big, 700 kilobytes, but the
error message does not look like "disk full" to me.

You can edit the Makefile and remove -MAP,linrad.map from
the linker input. You will not need the map file unless you
start to work with the code and want to see how the memory
is organized.

If you rerun ./configure the original Makefile will be restored
For a permanent change, edit Makefile.in and rerun configure.